On August 15, 2022 India will have a good time its seventy fifth Independence Day. To mark 75 years of Independence from British rule, the Authorities of India is organizing Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, celebrations for which began in March, 2021. On August 2, the Har Ghar Tiranga campain was launched as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday urged individuals to hoist the nationwide flag at their properties as a part of this initiative. He additionally requested them to place the nationwide flag as profile image of their social media accounts between August 2 and 15.
As we have a good time 75 years of independence, listed here are some fascinating information in regards to the Indian nationwide flag, additionally known as the Tricolour:
- The nationwide flag of India is a horizontal rectangular flag of India saffron, white and India inexperienced colours with the Ashoka Chakra, a 24-spoke wheel, in navy blue at its centre.
- The primary Indian flag was hoisted on August 7, 1906 at Parsi Bagan Sq. in Calcutta. It confirmed spiritual symbols and had flowers with Vande Matram inscribed on it. It had three stripes of inexperienced (high), yellow (center) and purple (backside) colours.
- The second model of the Indian flag with partial modifications was hoisted by Madam Bhikaji Cama on the second Socialist Worldwide summit in Stuttgart, Germany. Notably, Madam Cama is the primary individual to unfurl Indian Nationwide Flag on overseas soil.
- One other model of the flag was hoisted in 1917 by Bal Gangadhar Tilak. It had two stripes, of purple and inexperienced and the Union Jack – flag of the UK – on high left and a crescent on high proper. It additionally had seven phrases to symbolize the Saptrishi constellation.
- In 1921, a 4th form of flag was used. The brand new flag had white, inexperienced and purple stripes, with white representing spiritual minorities, inexperienced representing Muslims and Purple representing Hindus. There was a Spinning Wheel within the center. This flag was as per the imaginative and prescient of Mahatma Gandhi.
- A fifth model of the flag was developed in 1921 which was adopted by the Congress committee. This flag had saffron shade on the high, white within the center, and inexperienced shade on the backside with a Spinning Wheel within the center.
- The Indian Nationwide Flag which is in use now was designed by Pingali Venkayya, an educationist and freedom fighter from Andhra Pradesh. On August 15, 1947, the primary Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru, hoisted the nationwide flag at Lahori Gate of Purple Fort in Delhi.
- The current nationwide flag has three colours – saffron representing braveness and sacrifice, white representing peace and inexperienced representing prosperity. The Ashok Chakra within the center represents the cycle of life. The size to width ratio of the flag needs to be 3:2.
- Flag code: Indian nationwide flag have to be hoisted within the day time solely and there ought to be no flag or every other symbolic illustration above it. The flag have to be hoisted in horizontal path with the saffron shade at all times on the highest.